Monday, November 15, 2004

Breakfast and oppression

There is serious hypocrisy to be interrogated; there is oppression to rage against; there are boundaries to push, there are norms to bite one's thumb at. And all that as I eat. I've got several hundred pages of article to skim through, to remind me if I'm forgetting anything about the horrific social order under which we all live. And yet, what would I do? What would anyone I know do? I know for a fact that us mostly pacifistic lefties really don't have the means to bring down the government; nor would we want to bring down the government. We need the relative stability it provides. I know I'm a reformist. If the security forces opened fire during our demonstations, I know I wouldn't be defiantly unfurling our banner on the barricades. It wasn't always like this; it really makes you wonder what's become of society, and why it became the way it did. I have in mind the one famous pictures during one of those French revolutions (the one on 1830, I think) of regular citizens manning the barricades and holding off the army with no impetus but liberty. I found it here. Obviously, that's not quite how it happened, but shut up.

We need to make sure we have our moral superiority right, otherwise we've lost the one weapon we have against "them". To our American friends: it's time you started defending both your first and the second amendment rights, and making active use of them.

On an unrelated note, I'll be brewing tea all day. I've got this system where I can get 2-3 large cups of tea out of one tea bag. I'm keeping warm.

Stolen Quote for the Day: "only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not so sure about the former."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
[url=http://fxzrkljb.com/eayv/lmyr.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://fqurvhyg.com/suyi/ufko.html]Cool site[/url]

11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good design!
http://fxzrkljb.com/eayv/lmyr.html | http://sarjaucv.com/yrnp/tlhe.html

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home