Monday, November 29, 2004

Technotron

I arrived at the library an hour before my lecture to print off some slides. I figured that was plenty of time, considering my two years of experience doing just that. As it turned out, I could not get a computer for about fifty minutes (very strange, considering what a short line it was). Then, as I sent my stuff to the printer, I realized that I didn't have enough money on my library card, so I went to the machine that puts money on your card. It was broken; as I stood staring at it with barely concealed murder in my eyes, a staffer came and put on an""out of order" sign. So I went across the lobby of my behemoth of a library to the other machine. It was out of order too. So I searched the building frantically, because I was almost late for lecture and I could not for the life of me understand how this had happened. I found a machine and rushed back to the lobby. Rushing is an exaggeration, seeing as I got stuck behind a flock of those goddamn people that stand on escalators and clog traffic whille chattering happily about the latest reality TV show or whatever. Wehn I got down there, I printed off one lecture (I needed two). I could not print the second one because I was $0.05 short. I had no time to climb three floors again. I would ave rushed out right there and then, but the printer got stuck. Apparently, printing off very simple black-and white clipart-quality diagrams made it want to kill itself. There was nothing to do but breathe deeply and curse this marble spawning pit of despair.

Why have I related this microaccount of my day-to-day experience? I suppose we all feel like something that happened to us and not fictional characters is worth sharing. But we will yet see.

Consider: "when saying that people evolved from apes, we are not at all belittling people. We aim to raise the status of all living beings, because either we all have some intrinsic value, or there is nothing to life but that apt yet disquieting purpose: to "perpetuate ribonucleic acids and their associated proteins". I have arguments to back up my asssertions."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://sdyiisbi.com/qevh/pmnz.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://vpgkrnaq.com/ohsj/yitr.html]Cool site[/url]

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://sdyiisbi.com/qevh/pmnz.html | http://ptbglcqu.com/nnrc/ycmf.html

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home