Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Union of Apposites (Part II)

I'm impatient for enlightenment. I'm beaten by the equinox. I'm confused by the roar of engines. I'm jonesing for companionship. I'm dancing by moonlight. I'm terrified of rusty fire escapes. I'm swaying in the wind. I'm blowing in a gourd. I'm whistling for a waitress. I'm complacent by mothlight. I'm relieved in halos. I'm swaying to Sibelius. I'm snapping, cracking, popping at sunset. I'm drinking the second-order pitcher. I'm explicating for my life. I'm frogging at the throat. I'm grating on my own nerves. I'm sleeping for escape. I'm boxing my ears. I'm savoring the pink sunset. I'm lost in a strobe light. I'm buzzing in my insides. I'm slurping the soup. I'm swatting at the mice. I'm gagging on the streetcar. I'm arguing for BDSM. I'm complicating my moral stance. I'm dreaming of nuclear war. I'm praying to Atheist God. I'm throwing shadow puppets. I'm stuffing my stomach. I'm crying over teddy bears. I'm mapping my associations. I'm slipping into poetry. I'm admiring the great backyard tree. I feel like I'm sixteen again. I'm embracing ambivalence. I'm reasserting my prose. I'm emoting on the laugh track. I'm watching anime. I'm seizing up by strobe light. I've been arguing for three hours. I'm unable to recall what happened two hours ago. I lost track of the interrelated life story. I'm head to head with my shadow. I have hunger pangs I've never noticed. I'm bangin on a ride cymbal for dear life. I've memorszed 3,000,000 facts this year. I'm a maven stuck in a gravity well. I want to scalp the sultry temptress. I want to crush skulls. I want to kick the walkers from under old ladies. I want to roll on the ground pickled in ethanol. I wish the lights buzzing outside this room would turn off for just one day of the year.

Consider: "There will be time, there will be time / To prepare a face to meet the faces that you meet."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home