Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Weights & pulleys

At last! That time has come for which we collectively long all summer. The season to travel. The season in in which we are unemployed but full of money from the past four months' toil. Because of that, the cities of Chicago and Montreal will see a lot more of me. They will see me looking at their art; they will see me jaywalk their streets; they will lull me to sleep; they will see me buying their cabbages; they will see me stumble out of bars and trace arabesques on their nightscapes with my index finger. (If the trips don't turn out exciting, I can at least imagine them exciting.) If there is time, I may hop a bus going somewhere north; somewhere new: new dilapidated hotels and new pld-folks fishing spots, among others. The GTA will also see a lot more of me; it's time to use theo ld bicycle until it falls apart and dies its death with dignity; it's time to explore the ravines and malaral breeding grounds of our rivers; it's time to stop semi-avoiding the pseudo-brothel blues bars; it's time to eat more and eat heartier than before. This is the time to indulge the wanderlust, because something tells me I'll need it when we're back in the lecture theater & library & work desk.

Consider some Scripture: "Then, the Licchavi Vimalakirti set set himself in such a concetration and performed such a miraculous feat that thse bodhisattvas and those great disciples were enabled to see the universe called Sarvagandhahasugandha, which is located in the direction of the zenith, beyond as many Buddha-fields as there are sands in forty-two Ganges rivers..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home