Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Also Sprach

"Yeah, I should probably listen to that elder around the corner. You know, get my life together. Probably should eat more, or better... I don't know. I need to stop stressing so much. Need to stop seeing the negative. Need to learn to accept love. You know? Accept the ministrations of little Florence Nightingales of the soul. Accept my inherent irrationality. Accept that what I see, nobody else sees. What else have I heard? Oh yeah: change you furniture, patch your clothes, call your bank, call the doctor, talk to your mother. Go out and interact with people. I probably do need more iron. Listen: don't walk the streets alone at night; eye contact is not socially acceptable, especially with young children. (Charlatans: the children started it!) Go do some exercise. Eat your greens. Get a job. Shave, or at least trim. That's what they say. That's what the minsters said. That's what my prospective fiancee said. So why this mystery? Life is not that hard. So why the dying pplants in my garden? But their advice is sound: whole people gave this. People with cars and shit. Who would go against it? I would agree with you, except--they missed the poetry of the rust flakes. But anyway, I need to learn what people like to talk about. Because this does not do it for them. Someone actually told me to get a pedicure. A pedicure! Yes, that'll be the first thing I do. Never mind that my very hemoglobin is misshapen. I'll get a nice sheen on my nails!"

Thus spoke Babinski.

Consider: "Duty is heavier than a mountain, death is lighter than a feather."

1 Comments:

Blogger A. D. said...

Yes, rather, Misfortunes small and large.

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home