Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Omnibus

I've grown to hate the pretentious words; I cut out all instances of "therefore" from my essays because it was a needless waste of syllables and digital symbols. And yet I realize my dependence on it; like when I microwave a freeze-dried dinner; like when I opt for the bus ride instead of the three-hour journey (which I really need to take: brick walls are sponges for condensation clouds of my sighing; smokestacks bear up my mad rambling coattails). Ah, to look in the genetic (or epigenetic) mirror and see my ancestors with thie sadly potent selection pressures. Ah, to find someone I had not found before and be surprised! To inspire as I once inspured: for I was a guru too, once; I was a yogi and a teacher; I tutored several things to several people; the university atmosphere is putting me in the great rostrum somewhere in the third row: not enough to fall off but just outclassed enough to release too much fucking cortisol. Down with mysterious epigrams that sound like they were written to me but could not have been: her head was in the oven long before I was born. And we lie; and we lie well. We know just how to be tendentious enough to stimulate debate, but I'm too concened with impresing with aloofness and--you get the idea. Her hair is still there: locks untamable in some French graveyard. It would have been better were she at the bottom of a pond, or in a mineshaft, but this is just as good. I don't want the scent of magnolias: I want decent MHC-incompatibility. I steal well; I steal ideas and I respray them and sell them to the pawn shops. And I exaggerate. I have to tie up the loose ends. My manuscript is nearing completion just as my essays near completion. This is just thinking out loud; it is not an ahead-of-time conceptualized post like some (rare ones). I also don't like "thus" anymore: it reeks of slick-laywer desperation and Old England. "Ergo" is thankfully a mercifully dead word. It is filled with darkness and mustiness, like the burnt-out block on Robert Street. i'm sorry: I'm on my downswing: too much long-term low-persistence stress.

Consider: "All you need for a movie is a gun and a girl."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home