Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Agitprop

I've always had a soft spot for communist propaganda. I realize that this era, at the very least the reign of Stalin, was probably the most violent and tragic time of oppression known to humankind, yet whenever I get fed up with all the bullshit that everyone (including me) get fed and gladly eat every day, I imagine myself as a young agitprop officer, spurring the masses onward in those hilarious posters with the cyrillic captions. If truth does not matter, and the only thing that really matters in shaping attitudes is mass psychology, then I would have liked to be one of the shapers of that psychology. That way, my truth becomes the truth of the masses.

But then I calm down, and remember that people are pretty neat computing machines, and they can be persuaded by reasonable discourse. Well, that question is up in the air.

Consider: "without music, life would be a mistake."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home